Though home prices in most Asia countries are extremely expensive and see slow capital appreciation, emerging counties like Cambodia, Philippines are still great investments. Just today, news about property prices in Cambodia abstracted from Phnom Penh Post.
"Political stability, economic growth and foreign investment have led to doubled land prices in four of the capital’s central districts compared to 2008, when prices bottomed out due to the financial crisis, according to a report.
From the second to the third quarter of 2014 alone, land prices in the districts of Chamkarmon, Daun Penh, Prampi Makara and Tuol Kork went up by 20 per cent in commercial areas and 30 per cent in residential areas, the Bonna Realty Group study found.
In Chamkarmon’s Tonle Bassac village, high-end condominiums such as The Bridge and Casa Meridian helped push residential land prices up to $2,000 to $2,500 per square metre, while commercial land sold for up to $4,000 to $6,000.
Tonle Bassac remains cheaper, however, than Chamkarmon district’s Sihanouk Boulevard. On the centrally-located strip of land from Monivong Boulevard to Independence Monument, commercial land is priced at $8,000 to $9,000 per square metre, a 10 to 15 per cent increase from the second to the third quarter of 2014. The high prices have scared off some investors from developing land in Chamkarmon, the report noted.The riverfront’s Daun Penh district, on the other hand, had a wider variation in prices, with residential land priced from $500 to $4,000 per square metre. The study noted that the district’s price range, along with the fact that there are relatively few high-rises, made it a promising area for hotel development."
To read more click here.
The hottest selling overseas property in 2014 in Huttons is The Bridge.
11 Reasons why The Bridge is popular amongst investors.
- Guaranteed Rental Return of 18% over 3 years!
- Extremely Affordable from only US$100K+!
- Low Upfront Payment!
- Staggering 45-storey high Iconic Integrated Condo with F&B, Retail n SOHO
- 1st of Its Kind – Mixed Development – Live, Work & Play!
- FANTASTIC PRIME LOCATION. NEAR CBD
- Walking distance to NagaWorld, the One & Only Casino/Hotel/Shopping in Phnom Penh!
- Near Embassy of Australia, Russia & National Assembly
- Near Phnom Penh’s biggest mall (AEON from Japan)
- High Demand from Expats & Yuppies with High Occupancy!