5 Interesting facts about Melbourne
- 1. Melbourne’s CBD is just 1.6km long. This bustling area starts from Spencer Street to Spring Street.
- 2. The Largest train station in Australia is Sothern Cross Station. It also happens to be the most expensive train station at 6 estimated Million Dollars
- 3. Melbourne is voted 4 times in a row the most livable city in the world. The criteria is based on many factors such as education, transportation, accessibility, hospitality etc.
- 4. You may come across quite a few Victorian looking buildings in Melbourne’s central area as the government wants to maintain it heritage façade. Therefore new buildings have to get approval before construction.
- 5. This is the most interesting fact. The government actually sells airspace to the developers. For example, Collins house by Golden Age Development architecture is like an inverted “L”. From level 15 onwards it is jutting out over the bank beside it. The space jutting out is air space bought by the developer.
More about Collins House click the link.